Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You've Got Mail...

I hold my breath and I push the button. "Connecting"....(spinning circle)...."Checking for mail"....(spinning circle)....give the iPhone a little shake to encourage it to hurry the heck up... (spinning circle)....and finally when I'm just about ready to throw the phone out the window and onto the ever-expansive interstate flying by..."UPDATED!!" My eyes dart from the progress bar and ravenously search the inbox like a child racing down the stairs on Christmas morn', pausing just long enough to look up at the tree before tearing into all the gifts.

And then, that rush.

We have mail. Good, kind, warm-the-heart, belly laugh, how on earth did we get so lucky mail. And just before tearing into them to read and re-read each one again and again, I pause to look up at the road ahead and think about what a gift they really are.

In the past week we have gotten so many wonderful emails & comments pouring in from the incredible people we met on the PUG tour. And that seems so backwards because we should be the ones thanking THEM!! You all were so amazing and took such good care of us and we appreciate that SO much! Since we couldn't possibly do service to your words by just trying to repeat them, we decided to pick a few of our favorites to put up (and believe me there were so many more than this! it was so hard to choose!) We've been working really hard on writing back to each of you, so if you haven't heard back from us yet I promise you will very, very soon! You guys amaze us!

Much love,
M:)

4 comments:

Raleigh PUG - Millie Holloman said...

Our PUG group really is amazing and you really did inspire us with your incredible wisdom and talent... we LOVE YOU GUYS!

- Millie

JAGstudios said...

Looks like you guys are doing awesome, I really miss you back at home base! Keep on rockin the South! See you soon!

-Jack

Erin Harvey said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. I saw a video of your wedding as it was photographed by DJ and Becker. I am not familiar with the other photographer yet tho. What an amazing experience that must have been... in addition to your wedding which looked fabulous! I look forward to following your and your husband's work. =)

-Erin

Mary Marantz said...

Hey Erin!!

Thanks so much for droppin by! That other photographer is the one and only Matt Grazier of Grazier Photography! You can find him & his wonderful wife Enna here: http://grazierphotography.blogspot.com