Thursday, July 17, 2008

How can you have s'more of something...

If you haven't had any yet??

When we were down in WV for the 4th, we had a huge bonfire and cookout with Mary's family. The only problem was, after twelve hours of searching all over creation in the backwoods of West Virginia, there was not a marshmallow to be found. And seriously, how are ya gonna have a bonfire without toasting up some S'mores? So when we got back, we did what any normal preppy New Englanders tryin' to rough it would do: we toasted them over our Williams Sonoma All-Clad fondue set.

......What?

Mary, Joey & I: serious wilderness freaks!

9 comments:

Amanda Harris said...

You guys are too much. We have so much Smore stuff left over from the wedding - we can feast at the retreat!

xo

Robin Dini Photography said...

you guys are too freakin' cute. you come prepared for the retreat! i want to get down with that goodness.

Bold Imagery by Jason Connel said...

LOL! You guys have to get the ultimate smores maker.... a gas stove top! I won't ever live without a gas stove anymore.... I have to have my smores!

carla ten eyck said...

that is ALMOST the most bootleg smores I have seen!

when i was young we would toast them over the gas stove on a metal fork and try not to burn our lips!

i'm a city gal, what can I say?

Erin Harvey said...

hilarious. i tried over a regular stove one time. they tasted funny and took forever! you guys are so funny tho. =)

E. Broderick Photography said...

Oh, fun! We have a fondue set that we have never used. (Shh, don't tell my mother-in-law, she bought it for us.) This would be a fun way to break it in. And I think our 3 year old would be totally into it. Cool!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are too cute! I love it.

Rachel Brooke said...

haha - yall are precious. I miss smores..

Salty Grapes said...

GENIUS. I actually have a s'more cooker KIT that was one of those work "white elephant" gifts. =) I much prefer the classier W-S fondue approach! I also prefer the look to the most recent s'mores I had over my grill... Haha! You guys are too much. =) Looking forward to next week!