Friday, November 16, 2007

The Lovely Miss Barlow (is AMAZING!!)


A couple of days ago we got the most AMAZING surprise. I remember I was sitting on the couch going through mountains of email and I think Justin was doing something super exciting like paying bills when the doorbell rang. J goes downstairs and comes back with the most ginormous box I've ever seen! We open it only to find that it is packed to the brim with all sorts of wedding present goodies from our incredible friend, Sarah!! It had candles, oil sticks, cookies, a coffee mug with an "M" on it, chocolate, the most beautiful wooden salad bowl and forks, a gift card for a dinner date, a beautiful picture frame with an even more beautiful picture from Sarah in it, lovers vouchers for bubble baths, massages and such, and these AWESOME post-it notes that say "Great Job on..." and then you have your choice of "that project", "being you", "your recovery", and my personal favorite, "that outfit!" Oh! and then there's a check box at the bottom that says "I really mean it!" I love it!!

Can you believe how wonderful she is?!? We are so, so lucky to call her a friend!! That's one of the things that amazes me most about this job of ours: the incredible people that come into our lives because of it! Sarah is one of those lifelong kind of friends and she inspires us and believes in us with her WHOLE heart. But that's just the kind of person she is...the whole heart kind! I can't tell you how much she blesses us! We love you so much Sarah!!!!

7 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

Is that a giant cookie in the front? YUM. What a thoughtful gift, Sarah! My anniversary was Sept. 18th. ;)

Amy Martin said...

cute!! i havent met her yet but i can't wait til i do...i just know she's fabulous :)

His Creations Photography said...

Awe.....that is just too sweet. You know it just doesn't surprise me after meeting Sara that she would do such a heatfelt and thoughtful thing. I'm glad the three of you have each other!

Damion.

Justin Marantz said...

omg she IS!! so fabulous! we just love her so much! And yes C that is a giant cookie in the front....there were actually 2 but we'd already eaten one by the time we took the picture. :)

Sarah Barlow said...

Aww!! YAY! I'm sooo glad you both loved it!! It was so much fun putting it together!!

I love you guys so much!! Thank you for the amazing post! I'm SO thankful that God put you both in my life!! :)

Ginger Murray said...

That was completely sweet of her!!!

~amy~ said...

That is such a cute gift! love it! i am new with this whole blogging thing but thank you for such a nice comment on my page :)