Friday, March 09, 2007

Ok, I admit it....

I am a new book junkie! I love that feeling of knowing that all the secrets of the universe *might* just be there waiting for me behind the front cover. So far, that hasn't quite happened...but each one gets me that much closer. :) I just picked up The Anatomy of Buzz and How to Win Friends & Influence People. I've been wanting to read both these books for a very long time now and I'm super excited to see what I can get from them.

I've started How to Win Friends first... and in the foreward the author, Dale Carnegie, talks about a man who came to one of his courses (this was back in the 1930s, btw), who was:

"So stirred by a talk on these principles that he sat far into the night discussing them with other members of the class. At three o'clock in the morning, the others went home. But he was so SHAKEN BY THE REALIZATION OF HIS OWN MISTAKES, so inspired by the vista of a new and richer world opening before him, that he was unable to sleep. He didn't sleep that night or the next day or the next night."

I can't tell you how many times Justin and I have experienced this...we get so amped up from thinking about new ideas and ways to do things differently that we end up staying up most of the night making it happen. What an awesome feeling...when the hours just fly by and you don't even realize it because you're doing something you love so much.

No comments: