Monday, March 12, 2007

Stand



It's no secret that Justin and I are HUGE Rascal Flatts fans (although it took forever for J to even admit he likes country). Their lyrics just speak to me in such a powerful way. We use them a lot for our slideshows... and we're going to have some good friends of ours read the lyrics to "My Wish" at our wedding.

Today I was driving back from the gym and I heard the lyrics to their new song, "Stand." They're incredilbe! I think we all find ourselves, from time to time, pushed to the ground by the challenges of life. What's important is that we always remember to get back up, and make a stand for something...otherwise we'll fall for anything.

When push comes to shove
You taste what you’re made of
You might bend ‘til you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand.

No comments: