Friday, June 22, 2007

Thought for the Day




I'm reading this great new book, Talent is Never Enough...and I just came across a killer quote:

"Some people say that they feel burned out. The truth is that they probably never were on fire in the first place."

This is so true! And I think there is a big difference between feeling overwhelmed (which we all do from time to time) and feeling burned out. Realizing what sets us on fire and going for it is such an awesome feeling. And letting go of all that other stuff feels pretty great too!

6 comments:

Melissa Koehler said...

Wow! What a profound realization! I am going to save this quote. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary Marantz said...

Hey Melissa! Isn't it awesome? I think I'm gonna have to put it up somewhere as a daily reminder!

carla ten eyck said...

Can't wait to read it!

Chris+Lynn said...

Just put this book on my reading list! Very thoughtful quote!

Amy Martin said...

What a great quote! I'm copying that one down :)

Mary Marantz said...

awesome! It's a really great book so far with actually a LOT of great quotes. Check it out if you guys get a chance!

M:)